- This event has passed.
WBPA Monthly Meeting [2/20/20]
February 20, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Minutes from February 20, 2020: Alan Rugh called the meeting to order
1. Members present/introductions: Alan Rugh, Bob Sussman, Erin Misner, David Hawkins, Barbara Garst, , Lori Himes, Kayte Hanna, Robin Bowers, Aleena Steele, Tammy Rowland, Dale Clabaugh, John Martin, Ken Kellar, Mimi McLaughlin, Lee Anne Little.
2. The following topics were discussed:
– GVAA Softball: Matt Lynch introduced himself as the softball commissioner and a coach and brought awareness to the softball program. The program is seeking sponsorships and donations to support field maintenance and new dugouts. Sponsorship forms were made available with opportunities to have a 2’x4’ banner ($100 sponsor annually) displayed on the fences at the fields or secure one of three spots remaining for sponsorship on the scoreboard ($500 initial donation/$300 each year after). Opening day is April 5, and while sponsorship and donations may be received at any time, banners need to be ordered and take two weeks turnaround time. Email email@example.com for more information or questions.
– Peg & Orley Bourland Educational Assistance Fund/Scholarship: Lori brought awareness about this scholarship, which provides financially need-based funds for post-secondary education in trade, vocational, or technical fields to help defray the costs associated with tuition, fees, testing, tutoring, trade tools and supplies, etc. This fund is now awarded year-round through Glade Valley Community Services and The Community Foundation of Frederick. For more information, call the GVCS office at 301-845-0213
– Promotional/Welcome Bags: Alan gave an update that he is ordering the bags. If you have items for the bags, you can drop them off to Lori at A’Bloom by 3/6. The bags will be put together at the March 19 meeting. Alan reminded everyone to review the Google doc that was emailed with a list of businesses for drop off and signups, and mark the document so we can coordinate personalized deliveries. Please feel free to check the list and add/edit names.
– Friends of Walkersville Library (FOWL): Dale spoke about the Easter Egg Hunt that is to take place on Sat. April 4. There will be both a childrens egg hunt AND an adult egg hunt. Consider promoting your business through giveaways to be put in the adult eggs (ex. discounts, coupons, gift certificates, etc.). Deadline for items to be placed in the eggs is April 1.
– Walkersville Days May 16-17: Dale stated that Day 1 (5/16) will have cultural activities at the Library with plans to have a food truck available. Trish Bauer mentioned she has a contact for a food truck to consider. Day 2 (5/17) will be the Run for the Books 5K at Heritage Park. There will be sponsorship opportunities. More details to follow next meeting.
3. Meeting was adjourned. Next meeting will be March 19, 2020 at 8:00 am
Respectfully submitted: Lee Anne Little, Secretary