- This event has passed.
WBPA Monthly Meeting [1/16/20]
January 16, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Members present/introductions: Alan Rugh, Bob Sussman, Erin Misner, David Hawkins, Barbara Garst, Joanna Price, Lori Himes, Laura Beall, Kayte Hanna, Robin Bowers, Dale Clabaugh, Lee Anne Little.
The following topics were discussed:
– Promotional/Welcome Bags: The goal is to put together and deliver 50 bags to a combination of new residents and new businesses. David and Leslie have agreed to order the bags. Alan will send a Google doc via email with a list of businesses for drop off and signups. If you know a business, please mark the document so we can coordinate personalized deliveries. Please feel free to check the list and add/edit names. Woodsboro businesses may also be included. If you have not yet delivered your item for the welcome bag, please drop off to Lori at A’Bloom by 1/30/20. This is the target date for stuffing the bags. Target date for bag deliveries is February.
– Brainstorm Comics & Gaming has opened in Walkersville on Maple Avenue and appears to be busy!
– David Hawkins is competing in the Polar Bear Plunge on 1/25/20. The plunge benefits Special Olympics and he is still accepting donations online at Special Olympics/David Hawkins
– Friends of Walkersville Library (FOWL): Two events were mentioned:
(1) Wedding Expo on Feb. 8 from 11-2
(2) Business Expo on June 6 (10a-6p?).
The WBPA will be purchasing plaques for members to display during the business expo showing their affiliation with the WBPA.
– Walkersville Days May 16-17: Plans are for a 5K (65-70 people participated last year) and a food truck.
– Ideas/Suggestions: Please let Alan know of any ideas for events and/or speakers at the Library.
Suggestion was made to include WBPA card in the promotional bags to send ideas and/or join the WBPA, noting that we don’t sell or solicit.
– Easter Egg Hunt: Robin gave the date of April 4, 2020 and noted there will also be an adult egg hunt! If you’re interested in donating prizes or stuffers for the eggs, please contact her.
– Member of the Month for March was selected: Robin Fowler
Meeting was adjourned. Next meeting will be February 20, 2020 at 8:00 am
Respectfully submitted: Lee Anne Little, Secretary