- This event has passed.
WBPA Monthly Meeting [6/13/19]
June 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
The June 2019 meeting for the WBPA will be held on Thursday, the 13th, in the main meeting room at the Walkersville Library. The meeting will be from 8am-9am. All current members are urged to attend; however, attendance is not required. All minutes from the meeting will be posted to the event page after the event is complete, for any non-attending member.
Minutes from June 13, 2019: Bob Sussman called the meeting to order
1. Members present/introductions: Alan Rugh, Bob Sussman, Erin Misner, David Hawkins, Deborah Wallace, Barbara Garst, Joanna Price, Lori Himes, Mimi Galanis, Lee Anne Little
2. Bob announced that this was his last meeting presiding as President as our fiscal year begins in July and Alan will begin his role as President. Bob still plans to stay very involved in the WBPA as a member and community liaison.
3. Alan Rugh spoke on the following topics:
– The test of posting and approving the meeting minutes via FaceBook “likes” last month was successful and well received. Motion was made to approve this method going forward. Motion was seconded and passed. Alan noted that prior meeting minutes can be located on the WBPA website
– Treasurer’s Report: Yvonne was not present to give the report
– Invoices for membership will be sent this week via email and can be paid online through our Square account. Please contact Alan if you need to pay by check.
– Revision to Member of the Month: will select one month prior to allow time to create content. Bob Sussman will now be featured in July vs June. Member of the month for August will be Barb Garst.
– Members selected for the biweekly feature were Erin Misner and Alan Rugh
4. Events Status Update: No update
5. WBPA picnic: discussion to be held at a future meeting
6. Lori gave a brief tutorial on her experience using Google to boost her business:
*”Google My Business” and claim your business
*Ads vs Posts
*Add photos via camera
*Add a button (ex. “call now”)
*Share (to FB, Twitter, etc.)
7. Alan began a discussion on how we can help businesses further which led to further discussion and comments/ideas:
*Personal invites/bring a guest
*Reach out to members who haven’t been seen (send personalized cards?)
*More community outreach
8. Alan stated he will set up a Google Doc for people to leave comments/events (ex. Meet and Greet)
9. Meeting was adjourned. Next meeting is July 18, 2019