- This event has passed.
WBPA Monthly Meeting [5/16/19]
May 16, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Minutes from May 16, 2019: Bob Sussman called the meeting to order
1. Members present/introductions: Alan Rugh, Bob Sussman, David Hawkins, Barbara Garst, Robin Bowers, Aleena Steele, Joanna Price, Lori Himes, Mimi Galanis, Lee Anne Little
2. Welcome to new member, Erin Misner, Realtor with RE/MAX Results
3. Alan Rugh spoke on the following topics:
– Approval of Minutes from April 19, 2019 (minutes approved). Discussion followed about approval of minutes going forward. While WBPA has made efforts to become more structured and purposeful in our meetings, Lee Anne noted that while proper procedure is waiting to post minutes
until they have been approved at the next meeting, doing so results in much information that is time sensitive becoming outdated by the time approval has been obtained. Aleena suggested posting the minutes to our private FB page where members could review them. If acceptable, members can “like” the post which would indicate their approval. We will give this method a test run.
– Treasurer’s Report: Yvonne was not present to give the report
– Update on Walkersville Days (May 18-19, 2019):
*5K Race is Sunday 5/19 (set up at Heritage Park @ 6 am, help is needed)
*Robin mentioned cultural events to take place at the Library on Sat. 5/18
*Bob mentioned yard sales on Sat. 5/18 – perfect time to get your business noticed
*Lori mentioned Strawberry festival at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church on Sat. 5/18, 9-5
*Fire Company open house
*Alan stated he had Mr. Winch post information to the Walkersville: Our Town
FB page, which resulted in 5,487 views!
– Website status: need to add some new members
– Social Media: recent posts resulted in 50 new “likes” to page
– Invoices: Dues will be invoiced in June via email and become automated to renew annually
– “Member of the Month” will begin in June and was picked via random computer selection: Bob Sussman will be our June feature member.
– Two other members will be featured biweekly and were also chosen via random computer selection: 1 st week will be Barb Garst, 2 nd week will be Robin Bowers
4. Events Status Update: Amy was not present to provide an update
5. WBPA picnic: David Hawkins agreed to host at his farm and will propose dates at a future meeting.
Discussion regarding possible dates included more interest in an October event. July and August many people are on vacation. September is a busy month for Dave and others with the Frederick Fair and back to school.
6. Lori made mention of 900 “likes” on her FB business page and being awarded the Couples Choice Award by Wedding Wire. She also shared using free Google Ads and how it has boosted her website
7. Barb Garst gave a brief update on the proposed WBPA networking event: Olde Towne Restaurant is still interesting in hosting. She also spoke to a liquor store and stated they expressed interest in possibly
8. Lee Anne mentioned speaking to one of the employees/owners at Rt. 194 Diner about the WBPA. They mentioned having to be open during our meeting times, but expressed interest in offering the side dining area for the group to meet, if we are interested.
9. Bob adjourned the meeting. Next meeting is June 20, 2019
Respectfully submitted: Lee Anne Little, Secretary