- This event has passed.
WBPA Monthly Meeting [10/17/19]
October 17, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
The October 2019 meeting for the WBPA will be held on Thursday, the 17th, in the main meeting room at the Walkersville Library. The meeting will be from 8am-9am. All current members are urged to attend; however, attendance is not required. All minutes from the meeting will be posted to the event page after the event is complete, for any non-attending member.
Minutes from October 19, 2019: Alan Rugh called the meeting to order
Members present/introductions: Alan Rugh, Bob Sussman, Erin Misner, David Hawkins, Barbara Garst, Joanna Price, Lori Himes, Ken Kellar, Leslie Baker, Aleena Steele, Robin Bowers, Dale Clabaugh, Mimi Galanis, Lee Anne Little. New guest present: Jay Harkcom of Northern Pass, a marketing and social media firm.
The following topics were discussed:
- Alan presented the Treasurer’s Report balance of $1,997.37 and stated that we will be able to put monies toward food for the November picnic and marketing materials.
- Picnic on November 16, 2019 at Hawkins Landscaping: All members and their families/children are invited to attend from 2-6 pm. Address is 8408 Links Bridge Rd (entrance to the business is on Old Frederick Rd and will be marked with balloons). Bob Sussman will serve as coordinator and the WBPA will provide chicken from Trouts. The picnic is BYOB and please bring a dish to share. There will be games and animals present. Everyone is encouraged to take photos and send to Ken Kellar.
- Trunk or Treat: October 31 from 6-7:30 pm in the Library parking lot. Robin stated that setup can begin at 5:00. There are still spots available for $25/spot and those participating will be contacted about prize donations. Leslie and David are donating the bikes this year.
- New business and residential giveaway bags: Alan stated we will begin with 50 items/bags, which will start in January 2020. Please provide your promo item by the Dec. 12, 2019 holiday gathering. Leslie suggested we also consider a welcome bag/gift for new and current WBPA members, to include member business cards. Suggestions were given for local businesses to purchase promotional items: Minuteman Press/Kate Cusato, Custom Imprints. Amazon online has many offerings.
- December Holiday meeting: Lori stated the meeting will be held on December 12, 2019 (second week vs our usual third week) at A’Bloom at 7:00 pm. Attendees will be making a wintergreen arrangement or a wreath. Please bring a dish/snack to share.
- Christkindlmarket: As stated in the September minutes, there are sponsorship rocks available for the advertising campaign designed to support the event and each sponsor. The event is December 7, 2019 from 12-6 pm. The “rocks” are plastic and will contain a QR code for each business sponsor. Alan will send out an email later today detailing the specifics of the event and rock sponsorship.
- Brainstorm Comics is now open in the former Rays Market location on Maple Avenue!
- Member of the Month for December was selected: Ken Kellar