- This event has passed.
WBPA Monthly Meeting [9/19/19]
September 19, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
1. Members present/introductions (13): Alan Rugh, Bob Sussman, David Hawkins, Mary Blevins, Yvonne Reader, Robin Bowers, Barbara Garst, Aleena Steele, Lori Himes, Bonnie Leins, John Martin, Katie Hanna and Leslie Baker.
2. Bonnie Leins presented information on the 3rd Annual Walkersville Christkindlmarket
• Saturday, December 7, 2019, 12- 6 pm
• Invited each business to sponsor a rock that will be placed within the Glade Valley Area
• Only (50) rocks available
• Unique opportunity to help advertise a community event and reach potential customers
• Each business will provide a prize or gift, at the value of $25 or less
• Each business will be photographed with their rock
• Photos and links to each business will be published on our Walkersville Christkindlmarket website
• The rock activity will be published in the November 2019 edition of the Woodsboro-Walkersville Times. Business sponsors will be listed in the advertisement
• Event day posters will recognize business sponsors
• Each rock will have a QRL Code stamped on the front, unannounced to the public backside of rock will have a number for authenticity with a “German” word relating to the event
• Contact Bonnie Leins at 240-626-5847 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Map of the event located on the website
• Alan will email out the flyer
• Sign up before October to retain a spot
3. Tree Lighting Town of Walkersville scheduled for Wednesday, December 4, 2019
4. Trick or Trunk- Thursday, October 31, 2019
• Set up 5:00 pm, Trick or Treat 6-8 pm, Robin stated they start shutting down roughly 7:30 pm due to library closing at 8 pm
• Spaces still available, if interest please contact her
• Question on who was getting the bikes- Dale – unsure not at the meeting and David Hawkins stepped up and said he would provide on if needed
• General Rules- no open flames, no live animals, no weapons and no alcohol
• Anyone already signed up will get an email and what prize they are responsible for
5. Yvonne Reader gave Treasurer’s report- Balance of account July $ 1918.83, Balance of August $ 1957.37 with one additional member
6. Alan thanked everyone who voted for the Best of the Best and will post the next go-round on the website and social media.
7. New Business to Walkersville :
• Brainstorm Comics moving in old liquor (Ray’s) store off Maple Avenue. They bought the entire store location in hopes to have Comic-Con events, gaming rooms
• Asia 1- Has been purchased believe and Essential Oils company is moving in.
• Old Abloom building has been purchased – not sure who the occupant is
8. Business promotional bags for new businessmen and house settlements
• Alan stated we will start with the construction on (50) bags.
• He will buy the bags
• Each business in our group is asked to provide at their business card plus and item or goodie bag of advertising- up to each of you what you want to put in.
• Would like to have the (50) items from each business by December Meeting for January start.
9. Events- Amy Brandy not available to speak about Business to Business Social- “The Olde Town
Restaurant, Woodsboro”. We will post-pone until 2020 at this point in the year.
10. Internal WBPA Picnic at Hawkins Landscaping-
• The consensus was a picnic to be held Saturday, November 16, 2019
• Food and Drinks Provided
• Invited Family and who you would like to come
• 2 pm- Games and fun
• 4 pm-Eat – “Trouts” Chicken will be purchased
• Everyone welcome to stay as long as they want
11. Member of Month will be published in Woodsboro-Walkersville Times one month behind the website. Next member of the month is Katie Hanna – Details Matter Bookkeeping
12. News: Annual Glade Valley Community Show Thursday, September 26 at 6 pm – September 27 Cake Auction and businesses can sign up for tables