Join the WBPA
We'd Love to Have You!
Becoming a member has it’s perks. Your yearly dues cover the following list of permissions and benefits of joining the WPBA.
- As a WBPA member, your business may attribute up to 2 employees to be representatives to the group.
- Each of your business representatives have voting rights in any internal election.
- Members will get their own profiles on our website, and the ability to update their own profile after initial setup.
- Members can add their own business events to our calendar.
- If a member has any social media account, they will be added to our roster and followed and retweeted and shared from our own twitter, facebook and instagram accounts.
- Members can add our organization to their resume on Linkedin.
- New members will be advertised on all our social media when they officially join.
- Members can be picked for our “Member of the Month” where they will be featured on our website and social media for that month.
- Members get priority of any advertising and sponsorship opportunities from the group or third parties.
- Members can add the WBPA logo to any publication along side their own branding.
- Members can speak in WBPA sponsored events or recommend their own speakers.
- Members are added to our main mailing list and reminded of meetings and important events.
Meetings and Events
We meet once a month at 8am at the Walkersville Library in the main meeting room, the dates are posted in our events calendar. All of our members are automatically entered to the meeting mailing list, so reminders are sent beforehand. Our meetings are very causal and everyone gets a chance to speak on any topic they feel passionate about.
Meetings are not mandatory, but we highly advise for you to attend.
Events are posted in our events calendar and are totally optional to attend.
Joining the WBPA is simple – we only have 2 simple reqirements before adding you to the group:
- You or your business must reside within the Walkersville, Woodsboro or Glade Valley area. We try to be lenient on location, but any fringe businesses will need to be specially approved by the group officers.
- Our group dues are $40/year, they need to be in good standing before we add you as a member to the group and the website.
Fill out the form below – and we will contact you about membership:
Some of Our Members
Frederick County Bank
doTerra Oils With Aleena
Lori Himes AIFD
Abloom Ltd. Flowers and Events
Custom Event Florist
Trunk or Treat
Thursday, October 31 | 6:00 pm
The Friends of the Walkersville library are hosting their second annual Trunk or Treat in the Walkersville Branch Library parking lot on October 31st at 6:00pm. Bring your costumes as local businesses will be handing out candy and prizes for best costumes. Costume judging will be inside the library and prizes will be handed out for age groups 0-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12.
Saturday, November 16 | 2:00 pm
The WBPA picnic is an internal event for members of the Walkersville Business and Professional Association. All WBPA members and their families are invited to this event. There will be food, drinks and games - so come relax and have a good time! All information about the event will be sent through internal email, so be on the lookout for those invites!
WBPA Monthly Meeting [11/21/19]
Thursday, November 21 | 8:00 am
The November 2019 meeting for the WBPA will be held on Thursday, the 21st, in the main meeting room at the Walkersville Library. The meeting will be from 8am-9am. All current members are urged to attend; however, attendance is not required. All minutes from the meeting will be posted to the event page after the event is complete, for any non-attending member.
© Walkersville Business and Professional Association
Website, Logo and Custom BuddyPress Theme Created in Walkersville by Firestride Media